The exhibitors’ products
Category : Innovation, products, and ingredients watch
Published on 11/03/2020
Artenay Bar presents gourmet whole fruit bars. The ideal bar for gourmets looking for naturalness.
Schluckwerder GMBH presents chocolate bars filled with almond paste and almond paste coated with dark chocolate.
ARC Food presents a large selection of hummus, tzatziki, tapenades, tarama, guacamole, and other spreads.
Mercator presents a range of sweet sauces: chocolate, caramel, strawberry, berries, etc.) in squeeze containers
Pedon presents a range of pasta, rice, purees ... made from legumes.
Régals de Bretagne presents pastries: milk rolls, sliced brioche, chocolate rolls ... and mini-Kouign Amann
Environmental concerns motivated UCC COFFEE to launch its “Botanique” range under its Cafés GrandCrü label. It will feature the first 100% airtight, 100% compostable and naturally biodegradable Nespresso®*-compatible pods, certified “OK COMPOST HOME”. This certification means that the pod completely disintegrates in less than 12 months “without outside help”. You can throw it in your compost, your green waste bin, or the household waste bin.
Defroidmont presents mini brioches stuffed with brie and truffle and mini brioches stuffed with Isigny brie
Embutidos Goikoa presents a wide range of tapas: gouda sticks wrapped in a slice of chorizo vela, a Bi-pack including mini chorizo and picos (sort of mini breadsticks)
Dr. Klaus Karg presents a range of organic lentil crackers
Aachener Printen Und Schokoladenfabrik - Henry Lambertz Gmbh &Co Kg presents a range of choco crunchies made with chocolate-coated corn flakes
Geovita presents a range of grains and legumes that use patented technology to cook faster
AB Foods presents organic Fit balls: sun-dried organic fruit balls with a little organic cocoa, organic dried fruit or organic seeds for the ideal and healthy (100% natural) snack.
Product Innovation watch
SZENT is a unique bottled water concept (using reverse osmosis) that provides a “flavour”, despite not adding anything to the water: no sugars, no calories, no guilt, just water! Each bottle has an exclusive scented ring around its neck, which is filled with high-quality natural oils
Nesquik presents a vegan version called GoodNes for a new generation of fans. This ready-to-drink beverage is made with oat milk and pea protein
Yummi organics (Canada) presents a range of instant oats for cold consumption. Yumi Organics’ overnight oats are 100% natural and organic, and more than 90% of ingredients are locally sourced and contain no preservatives.
Co-Op Gro (Canada) is launching a range of vegan meal solutions. Among other things, the range features chili con carne, a “meat” pie, “sausages”, a “chicken” sandwich, and pizza.
Burger King is launching the Impossible Croissan’wich, a breakfast vegetable burger
High Liner presents “Fish wings”: fish nuggets covered with traditional chicken wing seasoning.
The NOROI distillery is launching Brise Glace, a ready-to-drink Gin & Tonic mocktail.
Bella Sun Luci presents a tomato-based vegetarian alternative to the famous beef jerky.
Just Soup is a range of all-natural gluten-free soup made with apple cider vinegar and without synthetic binders. The soups are prepared in small batches using local products and are sold in BPA-free glass jars.
The range features Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato (Vegan), Cream of Mushroom, Beans, and Vegetables (Vegan) and Cream of Tomato and Basil.
New ingredients that are relevant to innovation
• Ennolys is launching a new Mix Coco made with natural and functional aromatic molecules from fermentation. Its gourmet profile is accentuated by coconut, butter, vanilla and caramel to bring roundness and length on the palate, while boosting the sensations of sugar and butter. This GMO-free, kosher, and halal ingredient has a good resistance to heat and can be used in muffins, cereal bars, beverages, and dairy products.
• Naturex is launching concentrated infusions (chamomile, hibiscus, elderflower, lavender) that are associated with relaxation to respond to a strong trend in the beverage sector.
• Novastell presents organic ingredients extracted from sea buckthorn berry harvested in Tibet:
Omegia is an extract of fruit and seed oil and contains essential fatty acids (Omega 3, 6, 7, 9), antioxidants (betacarotene and Vitamin E), and plant sterols. It is used to promote skin hydration and elasticity.
SeaBerry OP2.0 is a water-soluble powder that is rich in essential fatty acids (Omega3, 6, 7, 9), vitamins A, C, E and antioxidants, and promotes skin health.
• Bellevue Ingrédients et Solutions presents GEM 280F, a complete durum wheat flour for making fibre-enriched breads.
• Condifa presents a natural flavour of caramel tonka beans. Its slightly musky vanilla aromatic notes go perfectly with caramel.
• Reitmann is launching Delichia 50%, a baguette base that is rich in chia seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, and squash seeds. Crispy baguettes with a nice golden crumb and an A Nutri-Score.
• Sainte Lucie is developing a ready-to-use Arabica coffee paste that contains 32% soluble Arabica coffee. It is characterised by a subtle flavour and great aromatic richness.
• PureCircle presents Sigma syrup, a natural and soluble sweetener made from stevia
• The circular economy is at the heart of the development strategy of CORNILLE Sas (subsidiary of Agromousquetaires). Using ingredients from cattle by-products that have received the Origine France Garantie® label by AFNOR, CORNILLE Sas presents the following natural and sustainable ingredients:
• K85: a dehydrated beef protein that is naturally concentrated to 65%. This soluble protein has natural functional (texturing and emulsifying) and flavouring properties.
• Extra-Beef 80: a dehydrated beef protein that is naturally concentrated to at least 85%, which makes it the ideal ingredient for replacing part of the meat in ready meals, burgers, and oriental sausages. It is a very complete amino acid, is rich in minerals, and is 94% digestible, making it ideal for both sporty types and the elderly.
• Pradine®: Pradine® is a range of refined beef fat. Due to its fatty acid profile, this range can easily replace butter, margarine, and palm oil. Pradine® can be used in ready meals, sauces, snacking products, bakery, pastries, fried products, and cheeses.
Regulation and certification watch (Source: Process alimentaire)
• Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2020/107 of 23 January 2020 concerning the authorisation of ponceau 4R as an additive in food for dogs, cats, and ornamental fish.
• Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2020/106 of 23 January 2020 concerning the authorisation of sodium formate as an additive in food for all animal species
• Technical instruction DGAL/SDSSA/2020-14 - Inspection of establishments manufacturing, mixing, or packaging milk powders or infant milk products.
• This technical instruction repeals technical instruction DGAL/SDSSA/2019-452 of 13/06/2019 to incorporate the elements provided by the opinion published by ANSES on 19 September 2019. These insist on the limits of the product sampling plan and stress the importance of analysing the results in connection with the results of self-evaluations of the production environment.
• Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2020/24 of 13 January 2020 authorising an extension of the use of chia seeds (Salvia hispanica) as a novel food and the modification of the conditions of use and the specific labelling requirements of chia seeds (Salvia hispanica), pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2015/2283 of the European Parliament and of the Council, and amending Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2017/2470
• EFSA authorises the use of coffee leaves (Coffea arabica or Coffea canephora) as a novel food for use in infusions.
• In January, the Directorate-General for businesses and the DGCCRF published an interpretation grid for “homemade”. This note targeted at restaurateurs specifies certain regulatory provisions and provides some guidance to help interpret the texts. The criteria of “homemade” : a dish entirely cooked or processed on site using raw ingredients and without adding other food products (except salt).